£30000 - £40000 per annum + holiday, perks, pension
Buyer - Electronic Fire & Security Products
Are you ready to take your career in procurement to the next level? A global Manufacturer of Electronic Fire and Security systems is on the hunt for a dynamic Buyer to join their ranks. They're all about delivering top-notch products to customers, and they need someone who's up for the challenge!
- Location: Manchester
- Salary: Up to £40,000
As Buyer for Electronic Fire & Security Products, you'll be the backbone of procurement operations, responsible for managing product and service purchases. Your mission? To meet customers' needs by delivering products on time, in perfect condition, and at the best prices.
What to Expect in this Buyer role for Electronic Fire & Security Systems:
- Supplier Relations: Manage a portfolio of supplier accounts spanning the UK, EU, and China.
- Efficiency is Key: Schedule regular weekly meetings with key suppliers, ensuring accurate and timely purchase orders while updating delivery dates in systems.
- Stock Mastery: Monitor component stock levels and collaborate with suppliers to keep production schedules on track.
- Think Outside the Box: Bring fresh ideas and forward-thinking solutions to the table - innovation is welcomed!
Your Duties and Responsibilities as Buyer:
- Commercial and operational management of component suppliers and EMS production factories.
- Procurement of materials and semi-assemblies for production, utilizing results from MRP & MPS systems.
- Management of subcontractor productions under stock consignment.
- Ownership of purchase orders, including ERP data entry (price list, MOQ, SPQ, and lead time).
- Oversee and validate purchase order confirmations.
- Manage the delivery plan and coordinate overseas shipments.
- Skilfully negotiate with suppliers on price, lead times, and MOQs.
- Scout and research new suppliers and products in collaboration with the R&D department.
- Collaborate closely with the R&D department for alternative component approval.
- Conduct standard cost analysis and budget cost assessments for new products.
- Analyze subcontractors' processes for efficiency.
- Lead cost reduction programs and related actions.
- Procure production equipment as needed.
Your Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years recent experience in purchasing of electrical products and/or components or previous experience in the manufacturing sector.
- Familiarity with managing long lead time products (6 months or more).
- Strong knowledge of the electronic passive, active, and electromechanical components market would be IDEAL!!!
- Good understanding of the plastic and metal market would be an added bonus.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and ERP management systems.
Ready to embark on an exciting career journey as a Buyer?
Apply now, and be part of a team that values innovation, excellence, and forward-thinking solutions!