+44 (0) 208 944 4180
Job Search

Fire & Security Industry News Round-up 18/08/2017

Fire and Security | Karolina Samsel | 18/8/17

Fire & Security engineer jobs




This week in our Fire & Security industry news round-up we cover lack of interest in intruder alarm sensors in commercial sector, acquisition offer for VIVOTEK and more…




Intruder alarm sensors – not for commercial sector?

Intruder alarm sensors - fire & security news by industry specialistsLatest research by IHS Markit reveals that 68 million intruder alarm sensors were sold globally in 2016; of which, 41% were wireless. However, just 4% of those wireless sensors were destined for the large commercial sector. Residential and small-medium business sectors jointly accounted for the remaining 96% of the wireless sensor market. Although the use of wireless sensors remains limited in the commercial sector, the popularity of these products is still on the rise for several reasons…

Read more here.

(Security World Market, 17/08/2017)

Delta & VIVOTEK aquisition?

Delta electronics' acquisition proposal to IP video manufacturer VIVOTEKDelta Electronics, a leader in power and thermal management solutions, announced its intention to acquire a stake in IP video manufacturer VIVOTEK, setting the stage for an acquisition that would help broaden Delta’s building automation offerings. a proposal for a cash tender offer to acquire approximately 35 to 55 % of the outstanding common shares of VIVOTEK with an offer price of US$3.24 (NT$98) per share.

Read more here.

(asmag, 14/08/2017)

Be aware of  phishing scams

cyber security; be aware of phishing scam and false emailsIn light of multiple, recent, high-profile cyberattacks, latest research by tech solutions company MISCO has found that a staggering 25% UK adults have been scammed online in the past, with 39% able to correctly identify whether an email from their bank is genuine or not, and 10% UK adults are at risk of having sensitive information stolen online, new research has found.

Read more here.

(Security News Desk, 15/08/2017)




Our weekly fire and security news round-up regularly feature supplier news, product launches, events, our own articles, and much more. Check back each week to catch up on the industry news affecting the fire & security sector collated by our team of fire & security recruiters.

Eligo Fire & Security are a leading Fire & Security recruitment agency specialising in jobs and recruitment across the sector. Companies we work with include major distributors, installers, manufacturers, integrators, consultants, and end users. Take a look at our company page to find out more. 

If you have a news article you would like featured in our industry news or would like to work with Eligo Fire & Security to product content please do not hesitate to get in touch.

Eligo Security Sales Jobs                   Eligo Security Engineering Jobs








Share this article

You can also find great articles and features on the links below

Want to know more about how we could help you?

We’re always keen to hear from potential new candidates, clients or future employees

Upload your CV now

Upload your details now

Please tick here to confirm that you are happy to be contacted with information related to job opportunities and agree to the terms and conditions. Accept
Please tick here to confirm that you are happy to be contacted with information related to job opportunities and agree to the terms and conditions. Accept

Eligo uses cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue we assume that you consent to receive all cookies on this website.