- JOB CODE: J17898
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £25,000 - £30,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: Bens
Editor required for a niche Publishing/Conference organiser based in South West London, the company needs an Editor to work on one of their magazines and needs an Editor to take it further on its journey as the preeminent legal business management in the SME segment of law. This is a great opportunity for someone to work on a print/digital title in a fast-changing B2B area in a small business that prizes creativity and initiative.
The magazine has been running for nearly 4 years and has already built a great relationship with their community of management in small-to-medium-size law firms across the UK. They need a highly capable B2B/trade journalist, preferably with professional services, legal or similar editorial experience, to take the SME legal industry's leading monthly into the future.
They are looking for an editor-grade person, they will also consider a superb B2B reporter/feature writer who's been a section editor and is looking for a step up to running a B2B title. The role would be ideal for someone who's been a shining deputy/editor on a small or niche title, looking for a role with more autonomy and decision-making scope.
Duties and requirements
You will take on the day-to-day running and editorial planning of the magazine, their legal business title for law firms and other legal services providers with revenues between £1m-£18/20m.
You will be part of a three/four-person dedicated editorial team producing these magazines (two editors, one editorial assistant, one intern) and report initially to the director for creative.
- Plan (with the editor-in-chief) and create content for the magazine
- Write editorial and advertorial
- Add and maintain content online
- Lay out, sub-edit and proof the title each month using Adobe InDesign
- Carry production of the magazine all the way to print
- Plan and produce supplements and research reports
- Book and manage photographers
- Work with conference producer on conference content planning
You will also:
- Represent the magazine brand's own events and external events
- Produce coverage for conferences when required
- Maintain regular blogging and other digital work, and work alongside others to to manage and expand online community
- Become involved with and create a leading voice on their social media channels - LinkedIn groups, Twitter etc by posting content, moderating and encouraging replies
- Work with other members of the editorial staff to create compelling reports/analysis based on research carried out by the company
- Co-produce multimedia content for the Magazines
- Over a year full-time working experience as a reporter/features writer in trade publishing
- Excellent writing, interviewing and editing skills
- Knowledge or good understanding of the legal industry, or experience covering professional services or similar business areas
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good intuition, keen to use initiative
- Ability to write fluidly and with flair and concision
- Great sub-editing skills and English language
- Good layout skills (using Adobe InDesign)
- An understanding of the specific needs of B2B publishing
Call 0208 944 4180 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org