- JOB CODE: J16812
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £28,000 - £34,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
This is an opportunity for a well-known international school with students from over 100 countries ranging from 3-18 years, that aims in educating young people into becoming well-rounded individuals with a solid academic background to enable them further success and development.
They are looking for an addition to their team, a 2nd line Field Support Engineer to process incidents escalated from the 1st line incident management team and perform skilled work in the configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems, servers and other related equipment, liaise with Problem and Change Management as well as 3rd parties regarding on-going service issues for the school, aiding teaching and learning and supporting core operations.
Apart from the above, the chosen 2nd line Field Support Engineer will act as resource person advising the schools on software and hardware purchases, making recommendations in conjunction with the IT coordinators and integrationists.
You as their 2nd line Field Support Engineer will:
- Investigate and resolve escalated Incidents from 1st line via the schools' Service Desk.
- Assist the Problem Management team with the troubleshooting of Problems.
- Act as a functional escalation point for the Incident Management team.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Incidents related to computer and network systems, implementing workarounds and fixes to Known Errors in order to restore normal service operation within the agreed response/fix times.
- Escalate Incidents via the appropriate channels as per the schools' Incident Management Process.
- Setup, configuration and systems administration of Apple iOS, Mac OSX and Windows based desktop and portable computer systems.
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure Team - setup, configuration and systems administration of Mac OSX and Windows Server systems where needed.
- Provide technical assistance to associated support organisations like telephone companies, contract repair technicians, network installers and other service providers, in support of the organisation's goals and objectives.
- Utilise a variety of electronic testing equipment to align, adjust and calibrate equipment in accordance with specifications.
- Replace defective components and wiring using a variety of hand tools
- Evaluate and provide support in the design and installation of various IT related technology within the classroom and other campus locations. i.e. Projectors and Whiteboards.
- Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documentation.
Their chosen 2nd line Field Support Engineer with have great customer service skills and attention to detail, and will be willing to assist at any given opportunity.
Required technical skillset:
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at a minimum.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Virtualisation or VMWare certifications are desirable as is demonstrable experience using the technology within a similar role within the education sector.
- ITIL certification or experience working in an ITIL aligned environment highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of methods and problems of networking, server and systems administration.
- Experience with mixed Apple Mac and Windows based environments is essential.
- Moderate ability in at least one scripting language
- Broad understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies is essential
- General knowledge of safety measures and hazards.
- Ability to work in an environment with students ranging in age from 3-18.
You, as the perfect candidate will have experience in a similar role with a proven track record of providing world-class technical support to users of all abilities.
If you feel confident that you have what it takes to be their next 2nd line Field Support Engineer, please don't hesitate to apply today and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rdline Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple Mac OSX IT Recruiter for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role.
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk