- JOB CODE: JG15963
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £70,000 - £90,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: Bonus, Healthcare, Pension
Are you looking to take that next step or are you already a Data guru? Do you still have that inner Hacker Spirit?
If so then you could have what it takes to be a Lead Data Scientist!
We are looking for an exceptional talent to fill the position of Lead Data Scientist. Within this role you will be directly responsible for the seamless operation of the Data Science team. As the Lead Data Scientist you will be required to mentor other Data Scientist's and monitor the work they produce to maintain the high standard set.
Within your role as a Lead Data Scientist you will also hold regular meetings with the Director of Data to ensure that all team members are effective, productive and happy within their role.
You will partake in hiring and the structuring of the department as the company grows further.
As a Lead Data Scientist will be required to stay up to date with all the latest technology and maintain the influx of cutting edge techniques to ensure the company stay ahead of the curve, this sounds like pure management right… wrong! Aside from the leadership side you will be getting your hands dirty on a regular basis as we all know that a Data Scientist is happiest when surrounded by challenging Data.
Key Responsibilities for a Lead Data Scientist include
- Translate the strategic vision of senior management into clear and concise instructions for the Data Science team to achieve.
- Ensure that the data Infrastructure & architecture is capable of serving both the needs of their clients and their Data Scientists.
- Maintain an impeccable level of industry knowledge and be aware of all new technical developments that may benefit the company.
- Support team members in achieving their individual goals and objectives.
- Maintain the company's expectations for productivity, quality and timelines.
- Ideally 2 + years' experience managing a Data Science team.
- Strong management and interpersonal skills with a passion to coach and mentor.
- Ability to multitask due to multiple projects, often with simultaneous and competing deadlines.
- Strong technical skills, including programming (Python, Java, Scala), databases (SQL, noSQL).
- Hands on Machine Learning experience using SciPy stack and scikit-learn.
- Experience with cloud based tech, AWS is the preference.
- Experience with noisy real-world data.
If you are passionate about everything Data and you tick all of the above then please click apply so not to miss out
Are you in a lead role? Are you a Data Scientist or a Data Engineer but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo Technology are a leading Big Data and Analytics consultancy specialising in data engineering & data science jobs, for all levels, spanning all sectors. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Big Data Job.
Call 0208 944 4197 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org