- JOB CODE: J16799
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £28,000 - £34,000 per annum
- LOCATION: South East
My client is a well-known private international school with students from over 100 countries ranging from 3-18 years, that aims in educating young people into becoming well-rounded individuals with a solid academic background to enable them further success and development.
They are looking for an addition to their team, a 2nd line Mac Support Engineer to process incidents escalated from the 1st line incident management team and perform skilled work in the configuration, installation and maintenance of network systems, servers and other related equipment, liaise with Problem and Change Management as well as 3rd parties regarding on-going service issues for the school, aiding teaching and learning and supporting core operations.
Apart from the above, the chosen 2nd line Mac Support Engineer will act as resource person advising the schools on software and hardware purchases, making recommendations in conjunction with the IT coordinators and integrationists.
You as their 2nd line Mac Support Engineer will:
- Meticulously log Incidents using the school's Service Desk System maintaining accurate records and ensuring timeous updates and follow-ups as per the school's Incident Management Process.
- Requisition and maintain an adequate supply of spare parts and repair materials.
- Maintain and continually update network system security to provide latest protection against viruses and other types of network vulnerabilities.
- Maintain inventory documentation of organisation-wide computers, printers and other related equipment.
- In conjunction with the Infrastructure Manager
- Administration of organisation-wide Firewall and Internet filtering systems.
- Administer and maintain the school's single Active Directory implementation across the organisation, ensuring the health of the system complements the SLAs.
- Administer the school's central Office 365 implementation to include Lync, Sites, Outlook.com and related systems.
- Administer and maintain the school's virtual infrastructure, ensuring updates and patches are applied timeously. Constantly monitor and adjust resource allocation to meet the resource requirements across the organisation.
- Administer and maintain the school's back office systems such as finance, HR, SQL, Remote Desktop Services, etc.
- Administer and maintain the school's central system logging facility ensuring alerts are proactively dealt with.
- Administer and maintain the school's mobile device management system.
- Regular backup of assigned servers, data storage arrays and network switch router configurations.
- Complete all relevant administration accurately to agreed timescales.
My client is looking for a 2nd line Mac Support Engineer with great customer service skills and attention to detail, who will be willing to assist at any given opportunity.
Required technical skillset:
- Apple Certified System Administrator (ACSA) and Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certified at a minimum.
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), Virtualisation or VMWare certifications are desirable as is demonstrable experience using the technology within a similar role within the education sector.
- ITIL certification or experience working in an ITIL aligned environment highly desirable.
- Excellent understanding of methods and problems of networking, server and systems administration.
- Experience with mixed Apple Mac and Windows based environments is essential.
- Moderate ability in at least one scripting language
- Broad understanding of Project Management principles and methodologies is essential
- General knowledge of safety measures and hazards.
- Ability to work in an environment with students ranging in age from 3-18.
- You, as my client's perfect candidate will have experience in a similar role with a proven track record of providing world-class technical support to users of all abilities.
If you feel confident that you have what it takes to be my client's next 2nd line Mac Support Engineer, please don't hesitate to apply today and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rdline Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple Mac OSX IT Recruiter for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role.
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk