- JOB CODE: J16794
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £24,000 - £28,000 per annum
- LOCATION: South East
My client is a well-known private international school with students from over 100 countries ranging from 3-18 years, that aims in educating young people into becoming well-rounded individuals with a solid academic background to enable them further success and development.
They are looking for an addition to their team, a 1st line Mac Support Engineer to perform skilled work in the installation, configuration and maintenance of computers, printers, software and other related equipment.
Apart from the above, the chosen 1st line Mac Support Engineer will act as 1st point of contact for all IT requests, and provide 1st line support to end users, aiding teaching and learning and supporting core operations.
You as their 1st line Mac Support Engineer will:
- Troubleshoot and diagnose Incidents related to computer and network systems, implementing workarounds and fixes to Known Errors in order to restore normal service operation within the agreed response/fix times.
- Escalate Incidents via the appropriate channels as per the school's Incident Management Process.
- Setup, configuration and systems administration of Apple iOS, Mac OSX and Windows based desktop and portable computer systems.
- Provide technical assistance to associated support organisations like telephone companies, contract repair technicians, network installers and other service providers, in support of the organisation's goals and objectives.
- Utilise a variety of electronic testing equipment to align, adjust and calibrate equipment in accordance with specifications.
- Replace defective components and wiring using a variety of hand tools
- Evaluate and provide support in the design and installation of various IT related technology within the classroom and other campus locations. i.e. Projectors and Whiteboards.
- Read, interpret and apply complex technical publications, manuals and other documentation.
My client is looking for a 1st line Mac Support Engineer with great customer service skills and attention to detail, who will be willing to assist at any given opportunity.
Required technical skillset:
- Previous experience with macOS and Windows OS in a similar role within the education sector in a mixed environment.
- Excellent understanding of desktop technologies and peripherals.
- Broad understanding of methods and problems of networking, server and systems administration.
- Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) certified at a minimum.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) and Microsoft Certified Professional (MCP) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certifications.
- Basic to moderate ability in at least one scripting language
- An awareness of ITIL or experience working in an ITIL aligned environment.
- General knowledge of safety measures and hazards.
You, as my client's perfect candidate will have experience in a similar role with a proven track record of providing world-class technical support to users of all abilities.
If you feel confident that you have what it takes to be my client's next 1st line Mac Support Engineer, please don't hesitate to apply today and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rdline Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple Mac OSX IT Recruiter for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role.
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk