- JOB CODE: J16605
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £30,000 - £35,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: pension
Join an outstanding IT team with a well-established IT Solutions Provider based in Central London, and be the one who's the first point of contact for their partners amongst which are some leading industry names.
If you're are keen to join a dynamic and forward-thinking support environment, my client is looking for their next 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac.
Their perfect 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac will be delivering effective support service and prompt problem resolution across a range of different clients, particularly in the finance and creative sectors.
While having the chance to work with the latest technologies and tools, you as their 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac will also have the chance to learn and progress into becoming a senior support professional with an understanding of how various systems work.
The responsibilities of the 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac will be:
- Accurately log all service requests, work progress and customer documentation.
- Maintain and manage customer expectations through continued communications.
- Provide telephone and remote support to end users.
- Provide user account administration.
- Work closely with third parties (vendor and partners).
- Be able to multitask and prioritise workloads.
- Troubleshoot system and network problems.
- Diagnose and solve hardware/software faults.
- Think outside the box and be proactive.
- Replace hardware parts and equipment as required.
- Prepare and configure new hardware builds and software installs.
- Maintain system documentation.
- Carry out on-site client visits as required.
Essential skills required for this 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac are knowledge of the following:
- Microsoft Windows platforms.
- Apple Technologies - both Mac OS X and iOS.
- Microsoft Office versions.
- Remote desktop support software.
- Networking and connectivity, including routers, firewalls and switches.
- The internals of a computer and the ability to do basic component upgrades.
- Microsoft Server platforms.
- Apple Mac OSX Server.
- Networking of Macs and Windows PCs within the same local area network.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office 365 and/or Microsoft Azure.
- Working knowledge of Dropbox Business, or similar solutions.
- Knowledge and experience of ticketing/incident management systems.
- Working in a similar role at an IT Solutions Provider/Managed Service Provider.
- CompTIA A +
- CompTIA Network +
- CompTIA Security +
- Current Microsoft Certification
- Current Apple Certification
As a 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac, in addition to being part of a great team and working with well-known clients, you'll get a great package and a competitive salary, with a great bonus scheme, pension, private health and worldwide travel cover etc.
If you feel like our 2nd line Service Engineer-Windows and Mac position is right up your alley, don't hesitate and apply today, and someone from our team will be in touch with you shortly.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rdline Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with Anne Rooke - Specialist Apple Mac OSX IT Recruiter for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role.
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk