- JOB CODE: J16161
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £40,000 - £55,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
My client is a global provider of technology to the artists and technologists making the latest and greatest films, TV, games and advertising etc. Sounds like an exciting environment to work in, doesn't it?
They've been around for over 20 years, so they have the experience behind them to enable clients a range of unrivalled solutions backed up by technical support to ensure quick, secure and efficient management and transfer of valuable and critical content.
Working with many large and global media and entertainment brands they are looking for the next Mas Systems Administrator superstar to join their System Engineering team.
You as their chosen Mac Systems Administrator will mainly manage the company's Mac Systems infrastructure and implement and maintain processes around it.
- Develop strategies for Mac System Engineering programs and processes
- Design and implement Mac System Engineering technologies
- Implement Mac System Engineer policies, specifications and certification
- Check and inspect computer systems periodically in accordance with Systems Engineering policies and procedures
- Assist in project management to ensure that they deliver timely and cost
effective results to agreed quality standards and meet targets for customer satisfaction
- Effect research for proposals of new systems, upgrades, projects and solutions
- Work with the Product Management function to conduct research and testing as
necessary and to assist in obtaining whatever System Engineering accreditation is required for new and existing products
- Maintain close links with operations and sales teams to ensure that appropriate
- System Engineering systems are in place and resourcing is available to meet the customer's needs
They are looking for a Mac Systems Administrator with the following skills and experience:
- Experience in the design, construction and operation of complex distributed systems
- Strong knowledge of all systems in use including (Mac OS), with an understanding of Linux (Debian, Ubuntu), FreeBSD and Windows systems a benefit
- In-depth knowledge of and experience with Mac OS System engineering tasks, techniques (e.g. System hardening and security, kernel profiling and tuning, kernel and package compilation)
- Detailed knowledge of System Administration and Engineering mechanisms and components (e.g., Configuration Management (Puppet, Meraki), DR systems, System Provisioning, Munki, AutoPkg, Simian
- Programming skills (Python, Shell, Bash, Perl, Ruby) Mac OS command line tools to support and automate Mac administration
- Install, configure and support hardware and software on Mac OS devices.
- Understanding of DEP and VPP programs from Apple.
- Deploy and improve thin provisioning
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups
- Experience with monitoring systems (OpenNMS, Graphite, Collectd, ELK, Sensu etc)
- System Capacity Planning
- Working knowledge of Networking and system security is essential
If you feel like this Mac Systems Administrator role seems like your cup of tea, apply today and we will be in touch with you to discuss it in detail.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role. Anne - Mac Recruitment Specialist
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk