- JOB CODE: J15263
- JOB TYPE: Contract
- SALARY/RATE: £28,000 - £30,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
2nd Line macOS and Windows IT Support Engineer - 6 months fixed-terms contract
Are you a proactive macOS and Windows cross-platform IT support professional; a self-starter to help manage the cross-platform Mac (30%) and PC (70%) IT environment for a lively marketing agency based London, numbering around 800+ staff.
Technical stuff you should ideally have:
- Windows 7 OS, Win 8, Win 10
- Mac OSX 10.6.x and higher
- Familiarity with Mac / Windows account password and Keychain management.
- Knowledge of imaging platforms.
- MS Office 2007/2010/2013/2016 Pro Plus (PC)
- MS Office 2011/2016 Pro Plus (Mac)
- Familiarity with the administration of Exchange 2010/2013, regarding mailbox management, troubleshooting Outlook client issues for Outlook 2010/2013 and Outlook 2011 (Mac).
- Previous exposure to Office 365 from an e-mail perspective is advantageous as we are using Microsoft's cloud-based e-mail platform on a global basis.
- Working knowledge of Active Directory.
- Experience of working and troubleshooting a networked, Windows Server environment.
- DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP (for network connectivity problem solving)
- Network Patching
- VPN / Juniper
- Antivirus management
- Familiarity with helpdesk applications.
- RDC, ARD, VNC (experience of remote desktop support)
- AV Peripherals / Video conf / Meeting Room AV
- HP, Xerox, Canon MFD's
- E-mail on Smartphones, IOS and Android, dealing with mail synchronisation issues, calendar issues, etc..
- Creative -a clever, original thinker, innovative, imaginative
- Commercial - able to add value, entrepreneurial, enterprising
- Courageous -take calculated risks, challenges, says the difficult things when necessary
- Astute - make wise decisions, listen well instead of reacting fast, effective and timely responses
- Passionate - you deliver and exceed expectations, have a desire for excellence, curious
- Selflessness - you seek what is best for the company and colleagues first, honest, non-political
You must also:
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, able to cope with competing demands
- Work well under pressure, be calm and focused, not easily flustered,
- Use your own initiative, proactive to the requirements of the role and beyond
- Determined, a completer/finisher who finalises all actions despite distractions
- Willing to go that extra mile
- Resilient and positive
If you would like to find out more about this about this 2nd Line macOS and Windows IT, 6 months fixed-terms contract, Support Engineer position send us your CV or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in touch!
Are you a macOS focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading macOS IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in macOS and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line macOS and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect macOS IT role. Anne Rooke - Mac IT Recruitment Specialist
Call 0208 944 4186 or Email Anne@eligo.co.uk