- JOB CODE: J14669
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £50,000 - £64,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: generous hols, pension, health & life ins
Mac OSX Network and Infrastructure Manager to maintain a reliable, secure and efficient data communications network. The ideal candidate will be able to deploy, configure, maintain and monitor all active network equipment in order to ensure smooth network operation.
The agency is award winning and deemed to be one of the absolute best agencies in the UK and internationally. The agency also prides itself on providing their employees with a warm, sociable, supporting, work environment.
Network Manager responsibilities:
- Establish network specifications by conferring with users; analysing workflow, access, information, and security requirements; designing router administration, including interface configuration and routing protocols.
- Be responsible for the Network Design and architecture, maintaining and expanding VLAN topology.
- Configuration and management of networking, routing, switching.
- Evaluating network performance issues including availability, utilization, throughput, latency; planning and executing the selection, installation, configuration, and testing of equipment; defining network policies and procedures; establishing connections and firewalls.
- Maintains network performance by performing network monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting network problems; escalating problems to vendor.
- Secures network by developing network access, monitoring, control, and evaluation; maintaining documentation.
- Protects organization's value by keeping information confidential.
- Accomplishes organization goals by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
- Administering and troubleshooting Juniper / F5 remote access VPN solutions.
- Setting up and maintaining, troubleshooting of IPSEC tunnels and connections to third parties
- Maintaining Wireless network infrastructure, troubleshooting, configuration, supporting employees and the needs of the 5 business divisions in the building as well as responding to client requirements relative to Wireless access. Knowledge of HP Aruba Wireless would be an advantage.
- Setup Network Accounts and managing NTFS permissions strategy.
- Define policies and procedures as required for the management, maintenance and availability of network infrastructure services to the building and follow good change management processes.
- Extensive experience of the use of Apple Mac's in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Extensive experience of Apple Mac's in a 3rd line infrastructure role, using Cisco and HP switching and routing environments
- An excellent understanding of Mac OS 10.6 to OS 10.12.3. both in GUI and command line environments, alongside a Windows Active Directory environment.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (Powershell and Bash)
- Solid experience of supporting Adobe CC, MS Office for Mac, Font management (Extensis Server and UTS client).
- Previous knowledge of desktop antivirus and encryption products (Sophos Total Security Management Suite would be advantageous for both Windows and Mac).
- A working knowledge of Linux would be advantageous.
- To evaluate and determine the necessary OS security patches, hotfixes, service packs and hardware updates.
- Comfortable with managing a 4 machine VMware cluster with approximately 100 Virtual Servers
- Extensive knowledge of storage architecture, NAS, SCSCI, iSCSI, SMB, NFS, AFP
- Knowledge of NetApp would be very advantageous.
- Exposure and or understanding of Gateway Filer, Object Store solutions such as Cleversafe and Nasuni would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of Dynamics AX would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of Quantum StorNext would be an advantage.
- Upgrades network by conferring with vendors; developing, testing, evaluating, and installing enhancements.
- Meets financial requirements by submitting information for budgets; monitoring expenses.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role. Anne Rooke - Mac Recruiter - Specialist Mac Recruitment
Call 0208 944 4186 or Email Anne@eligo.co.uk