- JOB CODE: J16890
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £80,000 - £85,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: Pension, Healthcare, Dental etc.
Technical data and devOps specialist to captain and steer a team of hardworking engineers through new and exciting waters.
Are you up to the challenge?
Begin a new adventure as Lead Data Engineer for an e-commerce business that specialises within behavioural analysis. If you love dissecting data to figure out what makes people tick, this is the company for you. They delve into data to gain insight to why people make certain decisions and the thought processes behind them, to enable them to predict what a consumer will do next.
X marks the spot: treasures are easy to find working as Lead Data Engineer;
- Pay: you'll be offered a competitive bounty of £80,000-85,000 per annum with a bonus included
- Something extra: with further benefits that include pension, health scheme and that's just the start.
- Relax and Enjoy: work hard in a fun environment and get involved with Friday night drinks.
- Get excited: working for a company that at the cutting edge of what they do
Your skills are worth their weight in gold;
- Ideally you have 2 + years' experience at the helm of a technical team (data engineering, devOps or software engineering).
- Strong technical skills across, programming, databases, devOps, software engineering and web technologies. (Java 8, Scala, AWS, Spark, Kafka, Neo4j)
- Experience running Machine Learning piplines.
- You've got a keen eye for spotting performance issues and the temperament to solve these issues and highlight individual skill sets within a team.
- You're level headed, and can easily bring structure and clarity to problems that arise before coming up with a solution.
So, what will you be doing as Lead Data Engineer?
Lead: a team of data scientists, analyst & engineers that will maintain the company's scalable and high-availability AWS based infrastructure, building a suite of libraries for ETL and data engineering and ensuring the company's tech stack is future proof.
Implement: new ideas and cutting edge approaches to processing data.
Structure: tasks and delegate responsibility within the team accordingly, playing to their individual strengths.
Manage: and mentor junior members, whilst acting as line manager for the whole team and hold responsibility for performance management, talent retention and team growth.
Liaise and collaborate: with various teams to improve systems and new approaches.
Represent: the data team to the wider company.
Put to good use your leadership skills and data engineering expertise to become Lead Data Engineer- Apply now.
Are you a Data Engineer or a data scientist but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo Technology are a leading Big Data and Analytics consultancy specialising in data engineering & data science jobs, for all levels, spanning all sectors. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Big Data Job.
Call 0208 944 4197 or Email firstname.lastname@example.org