- JOB CODE: J16364
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £57,000 - £60,000 per annum
- LOCATION: London
- BENEFITS: 10% bonus
My client is a global provider of technology to the artists and technologists making the latest and greatest films, TV, games and advertising etc and they are here to transform the media industry. Sounds like an exciting environment to work in, doesn't it?
They've been around for over 20 years, so they have the experience behind them to enable clients a range of unrivalled solutions backed up by technical support to ensure quick, secure and efficient management and transfer of valuable and critical content.
Working with many large and global media and entertainment brands they are looking for the next DevOps superstar to join their team and be responsible for contributing to building both new and existing tools.
You as their chosen DevOps Engineer will be responsible for development, maintenance, and support of high quality systems and tooling around both cutting edge and legacy systems. One of the most important skills required for you to be chosen as the new DevOps engineer of the company is to have an ability and desire to work in a hybrid cloud environment and deal with technology challenges around running Python applications on AWS, but also with hardware and networking, both on customer's sites and the company's own private cloud.
As the DevOps Engineer you will be:
- Deploying, automating, maintaining and managing AWS cloud based production system, to ensure the availability, performance, scalability and security of productions
- Build, release and configuration management of production
- Pre-production Acceptance Testing to help assure the quality of our products /
- System troubleshooting and problem solving across several high-performance platform and application domain, particularly high-speed file transfer and real-time video
- Suggesting and implementing architecture improvements, recommending process changes, planning for and executing on continuous improvement
- Evaluating new technology options and vendor products. Ensuring critical system security through the use of best-in-class cloud security
They are looking for a DevOps Engineer with the following skills and experience:
- AWS: 3+ years' experience with using a broad range of AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, RDS, ELB, EBD, S3, VPC, Glacier, IAM, CloudWatch, KMS) to develop and maintain an Amazon AWS based cloud solution, with an emphasis on best practice cloud
- Unix/Linux: deep understanding
- DevOps: Solid experience as a DevOps Engineer in a 24x7 uptime Amazon AWS environment, including automation experience with configuration management
- Scripting Skills: Strong scripting (e.g. Python) and automation
- Operating Systems: Windows and Linux system administration.
- Monitoring Tools: Experience with system monitoring tools (e.g. Nagios).
- Security: up to date with latest best practices
- Problem Solving: Ability to analyze and resolve complex infrastructure resource and application deployment
- OO Programming Skills: Strong OO Programming skills (Java or C#).
- DB Skills: Basic DB administration experience (Oracle, SQL Server).
- Agile Methodologies: Experience with Agile software development, project management methodologies.
- Version Control: Experience administrating version control systems such as SVN.
- Networking: Understanding network topologies and common network protocols and services (DNS, HTTP(S), SSH, FTP, SMTP).
- Educational Requirements: B.Sc. in Computer Science or other equivalent
If you feel like this DevOps Engineer role seems like your cup of tea, apply today and we will be in touch with you to discuss it in detail.
Are you a Mac OSX focused IT Technical professional but this role doesn't quite fit? Eligo are a leading Mac IT Technical recruitment consultancy specialising in Mac OSX and Cross-platform Mac/PC IT support roles. Roles include 1st, 2nd and 3rd line Mac OSX and Mac/PC IT support roles, System and Network Administrators, Mac/PC Field Engineers, Mac and Multi-Platform IT Consultants, IT Managers, Filemaker Developers. Please don't hesitate to get in touch with us for a confidential chat about how we can secure you your perfect Mac OSX IT role. Anne - Mac Recruitment Specialist
Call 0330 052 5524 or Email appleMac@eligo.co.uk