- JOB CODE: J16036
- JOB TYPE: Permanent
- SALARY/RATE: £35,000 - £35,000 per annum
- LOCATION: Hong Kong
- BENEFITS: Bonus+Bens
Conference Producer - Exhibition & Trade Show Industry
So are you looking for the opportunity to drive your conference production career forwards? Are you creative, quick thinking and outrageously organised? If so read on:
Our client is a dynamic, fast growing company that owns some of Europe's and Asia's most successful trade shows. All their events have significant growth both in sales and delegate attendance and this is no accident. They have a team of the most dedicated and talented people in the industry.
The purpose of this new role is to help produce and deliver the conference agendas covering the latest trends in the industry and featuring the top global industry thought leaders. You will be a fluent English, Cantonese or Mandarin speaker working on their APAC events, creating cutting edge conference programmes.
- Work with the Editor, Group Marketing Manager, Event Director and the wider team to develop, implement and produce conference content plans for the APAC events.
- Research important industry topics and keep up to date with industry trends to ensure streams of content are relevant to their audience.
- Identify and recruit appropriate speakers through research, networking, and existing contacts to achieve your target requirements.
- Identify and recruit high quality industry figures who will be able to chair theatres and moderate panel discussions.
- Work with the content, marketing and sales teams to identify opportunities for further growth and consider the development of new conference formats & Identify potential add-ons to provide incremental revenue.
- Support the marketing and contents teams to develop relationships and identify influential industry associations and other possible partners.
- Ensure the marketability of conference programmes.
- Liaise with the sponsors regarding the speakers they are providing as part of their packages and ensure required quality of these speakers.
- Manage speaker accommodation schedule
- Obtain speaker pictures, biographies, session descriptions and company logos in line with the marketing and promotional deadlines
- Speaker contact database management, list management, and development with the support of business intelligence and data teams.
- Oversee and manage the conference and speaker logistics onsite
- Support Group Marketing Manager and Event Directors in determining and executing business development strategy that involves conference content plans.
- Manage overall speaker budgets, including speaker fees and expenses.
What you will offer the client:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deliver on time
- Good IT skills. You will be using content management systems, databases and email software
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills - written and verbal
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Ability to quickly understand a market and draw up list of appropriate speakers
- Ability to persuade senior execs to give up their time to attend their events as speakers
- Diplomatic skills to liaise with and where necessary get through gate keepers
- Ability to run a budget, multi task and meet deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Patient and calm under pressure
- Flexibility to accommodate extended working hours as needed around key show times
- A fabulous sense of humour
What you can expect in return:
- The chance to hone your skills in all aspects of conference production and learn from others
- A genuine opportunity to develop your career, the company is growing very quickly
- A fair remuneration package, with performance related bonus
- A great place to work
Our client are searching for a graduate calibre person who is looking for an opportunity to join a company that is conference and content led and invests in its brands. You will have at least 2 to 3 years conference production experience, and experience of managing one or two direct reports. The client particularly wants to see evidence of contributing to the development of conference agendas and a successful track of recruiting high profile speakers. Knowledge of the technology industry would be an advantage
Call 0208 944 4180 or Email email@example.com