IFSEC 2017 takes place in London next month, covering every aspect of security, from access control and video surveillance to smart buildings, cyber, border control and much more.
Eligo Fire & Security are proud to be once again exhibiting at the show (stand F1220), and we’re looking forward to discussing the current Fire & Security Market, providing our expert insight, and catching up with faces old and new.
This year IFSEC 2017 is set to be the biggest yet, giving an exclusive hands-on access to over 10,000 security solutions, live product demonstrations, and the opportunity to meet and network with over 27,000 professionals.
There’s actually so much going on that we think everyone ought to be there, and we’re here to tell you why! As such, we’ve put together our top 10 reasons to attend IFSEC 2017 below. If you’re planning to attend or if we’ve helped you swing your decision, do let us know!
10 Reasons to Attend IFSEC 2017
Besides getting to meet us!
1. It’s the number one Security event in Europe covering just about everything you can imagine. There’s no exaggeration necessary with over 17 zones, events, and activities taking place over the 3 days. These include;
- Borders and Infrastructure: a brand new show to IFSEC 2017 focusing on product solutions and learning for issues such as border control, national infrastructure, etc.
- Smart Technology: A huge success at last year’s IFSEC, this will be showcasing and training on all manner of smart solutions
- Installer World: An area where we’ll know plenty of faces and where you will find Eligo, this dedicated zone is for all installers, integrators, and engineers. It’s also where you’ll be able to grab a cold beer!
- Drone Zone: In partnership with the UK Drone Show, this area is sure to be a hit.
- 4 Seminar Theatres: This zone includes some frankly incredible speakers (we’ll come to this); not to be missed!
- Members Lounge and Meeting Service: Speak directly to your preferred suppliers and solution providers by booking meetings in advance!
- And much, much more…
2. We mentioned some frankly incredible speakers this year, and we meant it. As well as seminars from Fire & Security industry leaders, IFSEC 2017 has announced its best ever inspirational speaker line-up. Appearing across the event will be;
- Dame Kelly Holmes – 20th June, 11.30-12.30
Talking about having the passion, compassion, and courage to succeed, Olympic Gold Medalist is a national treasure and hero. Following her keynote speech she will also be sharing her struggles with Mental Health at a panel discussion within the Safety & Health expo.
- Professior Brian Cox – 21st June, 11.30-12.30
Potentially the UK’s most well-known Scientist and former member of band D:Ream, Professor Cox will challenge IFSEC 2017 with Exploring the Universe.
- Nigel Owens MBE – 21st June, 13.30-14.00
Rugby Union’s most celebrated and first openly gay referee brings his personal story to IFSEC 2017, providing insight into remaining firm and impartial whilst under huge pressure as well as how he has overcome huge hurdles throughout his career and life. There will also be an opportunity for questions, photos, and autographs following his talk.
- Simon Weston CBE – 22nd June, 11.30-12.30
Suffering horrific burns during the Falklands War, Simon’s life is an example of great personal triumph and courage. Sharing his very personal story, Simon will talk about turning adversity into opportunity. A true inspiration and a talk not to be missed.
3. It’s the perfect chance to network with industry professionals (and meeting the Eligo Fire & Security team)
- As well as the meeting service and members area there are loads of great spaces around the show where you can meet, relax, and do business. Within over 27,000 industry professionals there’ll be many faces old and new to catch up with!
- The Eligo team will be exhibiting on stand F1220 and we’d love you to pop by and say hello!
4. Find out about the newest developments and products in the industry
- Security is ever-evolving! IFSEC International is the perfect chance to test, trial, and learn about over 10,000 of the latest innovations in the industry. With over 650 leading industry exhibitors, it’s likely you’re going to come away having learnt something new and with masses of ideas and maybe some new products and services to take back to your company.
5. Hiring and Retention of the best staff
- With an ever-growing industry but often talked about the shortage of skills, the importance of hiring and retaining the best people has never been greater.
- Eligo Fire & Security will be on hand to answer any questions you have regarding your company’s recruitment. As well as this we’ll be offering a free employer review to benchmark your company against the competition. Find out how you compare and can improve on:
6. Find your next job
- Equally, with all the networking opportunities, IFSEC 2017 is the perfect place to find your next Fire & Security job. We’ll be on hand to talk about the current employment market, your career, and provide you with useful materials for your job hunt.
7. Grab yourself a great offer
New for IFSEC 2017 is the IFSEC Discount Programme. Covering a broad range of exhibitors and solutions, with exclusive discounts up to 30%, it’s the perfect chance to ensure that you can make your security budget go further
8. Professional Development
- IFSEC 2017 is focussed on your professional development, providing access to free education and expert guidance throughout the show. Be sure to check out the workshops and seminars taking place across the week.
9. Win prizes, drink well
- This year, we’ve decided to add a little something extra to our stand; Crack the Safe. We’re bringing in a perspex safe full of exciting prizes which will be yours to keep if you can guess the correct code and crack the safe. Be sure to pop by our stand to take your best shot!
- We’re also stocking up with Tea, Coffee, and for later in the day, Beer and Wine so that you can enjoy IFSEC 2017 at every moment.
10. You can be a VIP
- Enjoy IFSEC 2017 as our VIP thanks to the IFSEC VIP Programme. We’ve got a number of VIP invitations to give out, so if you’re not attending yet and would like to as our guest, please do get in touch. VIP benefits include;
- Fast track entry into the show, with a dedicated registration desk to collect your badge.
- Access to all VIP lounges across FIREX and neighbouring shows. Hold meetings away from the crowds of the show floor, with comfortable seating, charging points and waitress service.
- Access to a personalised 1:2:1 meetings programme enabling you to pre-plan your visit and secure appointments with 300+ suppliers before arriving onsite
- Priority access to reserved seating for the inspirational keynote sessions
There are, of course, many more reasons to attend IFSEC 2017, but we hope the 10 above may have swung your decision.
If you’re already attending, we’d love to catch up with you. If you’d like to arrange a meet-up, please let us know when’s the best time to catch up, or simply pop by our stand!
If the 10 reasons to attend IFSEC 2017 have convinced you and you’re now asking how you can, don’t worry! Simply click here and register your details.
IFSEC International 2017 takes place at the Excel Centre, London on 20th-22nd June.